Removing products like Rejuvenate or Orange Glo from your wood or laminate floors can be a very tough, costly and fustrating job if you don’t know what you are doing.
We recently had a customer hire us to clean and remove the product “Rejuvenate” from her new laminate floors which had caused an uneven and blotchy sheen. We were able to remove the product and clean her laminate floors following these steps
- • Spray bottle (optional)
- • Scotch-Brite abrasive pad (green scrub pad with yellow sponge-NOT an SOS, Brillo or steel wool pad)
- • Soft towels
- • New and well rinsed sponge mop OR terrycloth mop
- • Rubber/latex gloves and safety goggles (recommended to prevent eye/skin irritation when handling IFT)
It’s best to begin with a test section in an inconspicuous area (i.e. behind a door). We recommend working in
small sections as you complete this process. Complete all steps before moving onto another section of the
1. Apply a SMALL amount of the IFT solution to a section of the floor. Use a spray bottle to mist the floor
or squirt a small amount and spread it with a soft cloth. Apply only enough cleaner to wet the floor.
2. Use the abrasive pad and scrub the area. This should remove the wax buildup.
3. After scrubbing the area, wipe the section with a water dampened cloth.
4. The final step is to apply Squeaky Cleaner with a microfiber mop. No water rinse is necessary after this
cleaner is applied. Wipe/mop the floor until it is dry – do not leave the floor wet.
If this is successful in removing the contaminant, proceed with the rest of the floor, following all steps. You may
need to repeat steps 1 & 2 more than once.
If you are not successful in removing the contaminant with this process, you need to remove the remaining
product by abrading the floor (screening or sanding). It is recommended to hire a professional flooring
contractor if abrasion techniques are required.
For help with cleaning or refinishing wood or laminate floors in Tampa, FL contact National Cleaning Specialist at 813-431-1331
Or visit us on the web www.NationalClean.com
Tags: Hardwood Floors, laminate floor cleaning, laminate floors, Orange Glo, Rejuventate, Wood floor cleaner brandon, wood floor cleaner clearwater, wood floor cleaner tampa, wood floor cleaner valrico, wood floor cleaning, wood floor cleaning lutz, wood Floor cleaning wesley chapel, Wood Floors